February 16, 2024
Nestled amongst the trees just south of downtown Holly Springs lies the charming neighborhood of Ballentine Place.
Known for its beautiful homes, scenic views, and family-friendly amenities, Ballentine Place has become one of the most desirable communities in the Holly Springs area.
A Brief History of Ballentine Place
Ballentine Place was established in the early 2000s by several prominent homebuilders, including Mungo Homes, who sought to create an upscale neighborhood with custom-built homes.
The wooded lots and rolling hills provided the perfect landscape to build spacious homes with picturesque outdoor living spaces.
Over the years, Ballentine Place has grown into a thriving community while still maintaining its peaceful, small-town charm.
Notable Builders in Ballentine Place
Some of the most prominent builders that have helped shape the Ballentine Place community include:
- Mungo Homes - One of the original developers of Ballentine Place, Mungo Homes has built dozens of stunning traditional and craftsman-style homes in the neighborhood. They are known for their attention to detail and quality finishes.
- Trinity Homes - Focusing on modern farmhouse designs, Trinity Homes has constructed several beautiful reverse 1.5 story homes in Ballentine Place. Their open floor plans and large windows create bright, inviting interiors.
- Preston Development - With a focus on luxury custom homes, Preston Development has built a handful of magnificent estates in Ballentine Place. Their homes feature gourmet kitchens, spa-like bathrooms, and 3-car garages.
Notable Neighborhoods in Ballentine Place
Ballentine Place consists of only one main neighborhood, situated off of Adcock Road.
The homes line the streets of Jewell Farm Lane, Ballentine Place Drive, and Adcock Road.
The neighborhood features around 30 homes built from the mid 2000s to today ranging from 2,000 to over 4,000 square feet.
Home styles include craftsman, traditional two-story, and modern farmhouse.
Amenities in Ballentine Place
Residents of Ballentine Place enjoy close proximity to parks, shopping, dining, and more.
- Ting Park - This 79-acre park operated by the town of Holly Springs offers playgrounds, walking trails, athletic fields, and picnic shelters perfect for weekend fun. It's only 2 miles from Ballentine Place.
- Bass Lake Park - Located 3 miles away, this park surrounds the beautiful Bass Lake and includes a playground, fishing pier, picnic area, and .6 mile loop trail.
- Shoppes at Holly Springs - This outdoor shopping center is 2 miles from Ballentine Place. It includes major retailers like Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Marshalls, and more.
- Holly Springs Cultural Center - Residents can enjoy music, art exhibits, classes, summer camps, and special events at this downtown venue.
Top Restaurants Near 27540
Ballentine Place residents have access to delicious dining options in and around Holly Springs. Here are the top local restaurants based on Google reviews:
Southern Harvest Restaurant - 4.5 Stars, 115 Reviews
This farm-to-table restaurant serves creative takes on Southern cuisine for lunch and dinner. Don't miss the fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits.
"The food here is always fresh and full of flavor. The menu has great variety and the staff provides excellent service."
Bangkok Cafe - 4.3 Stars, 186 Reviews
For authentic Thai food, Bangkok Cafe is a go-to with flavorful curries, noodle dishes, and stir fries. The pad thai is a customer favorite.
"I've been to many Thai restaurants but this is by far the most authentic I've come across. The food is amazing."
Market Street Pizza - 4.6 Stars, 106 Reviews
This laidback pizzeria offers build-your-own pizzas, calzones, subs, and salads in a casual setting. Kids love their mini pizza making parties.
"We love coming here for a quick family dinner. The pizza crust is just right - not too thick and not too thin."
Southern Social - 4.5 Stars, 177 Reviews
This trendy gastropub offers a creative cocktail menu and New Southern plates like shrimp and grits eggrolls and chicken and waffles.
"The food presentation is gorgeous and the flavors are out of this world. This is my new favorite date night spot."
Engaging With the Ballentine Place Community
For those looking to get more involved in the Ballentine Place community, here are a few recommendations:
- Attend neighborhood events like the annual block party to meet fellow residents. Introduce yourself to neighbors when out on a walk.
- Join the Ballentine Place HOA to stay up to date on community news and provide input on neighborhood improvements.
- Volunteer at local schools like Holly Grove Elementary or Holly Springs High School.
- Support community organizations like the Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club.
- Utilize parks and amenities like the walking trails and lake to connect with nature and neighbors.
As a long-time Holly Springs resident and community leader, the Tim M. Clarke real estate team has extensive knowledge of Ballentine Place and the surrounding area.
We provide trusted guidance and service to home buyers and sellers in this wonderful Holly Springs community. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you find your perfect Ballentine Place home.
A Local Realtor's Perspective on Ballentine Place
As a Triangle native and local Realtor, I've had the pleasure of watching Ballentine Place grow into one of the premier neighborhoods in my hometown over the last 17 years.
Its natural beauty and family-friendly community make it an ideal place to put down roots.
For homebuyers, Ballentine Place offers custom-built homes loaded with high-end finishes on large, private lots.
Families are drawn to the excellent local schools, proximity to parks, and abundance of activities for children.
Empty nesters also appreciate the peacefulness and security of the neighborhood.
As a realtor, I always advise clients that Ballentine Place homes hold their value incredibly well due to the demand and limited supply.
Sellers can expect a quick sale for top dollar. Upgrades like finished basements and chef's kitchens yield even higher sale prices.
My tip for getting the inside scoop on Ballentine Place is to connect with trusted local realtors like myself who have experience with the builders, HOA, and nuances of the neighborhood.
We can provide insider advice on everything from floor plans to amenities to future development.
Above all, I encourage new Ballentine Place residents to immerse themselves in this special community by meeting neighbors, walking the shaded streets, and enjoying the natural surroundings.
It's a place where families plant roots and friendships blossom.
Listings in Ballentine Place
**NOTE: If you're not seeing any listings, then currently there are no available homes in this community.**
North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement Explained
Understand the North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement with our helpful guide. Gain clarity on credits, debits, and costs involved in real estate.
Cracking the Raleigh-Durham Housing Market: Broken Rules of Supply and Demand
Expert insights on the puzzling Raleigh-Durham housing market. Low inventory yet slowing sales have broken the rules of supply and demand.
Festivals in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
Discover the best outdoor events in Raleigh-Durham and surrounding areas. From festivals to parades, experience the Triangle's vibrant culture. Join here!
Looking to build / buy / sell in the Triangle? Drop us a line.