February 16, 2024
Tucked away just east of downtown Wendell, the Cedar Creek neighborhood provides a peaceful, family-friendly community with easy access to local amenities.
This established neighborhood features beautiful homes on spacious lots surrounded by mature trees.
A Brief History of Cedar Creek
The Cedar Creek community began development in the early 2000s as Wendell started expanding eastward.
Many of the homes were built in the early to mid-2000s, though some new construction continues today on the last remaining lots.
Builders like Beazer Homes, Mungo Homes, and Trinity Homes have all contributed to the architectural diversity in the neighborhood.
Homes in Cedar Creek range from 2,000 to over 3,000 square feet. Styles include traditional two-story homes as well as one-story ranch layouts.
Early Development in the 2000s
- Cedar Creek began development in the early 2000s as Wendell started expanding eastward
- Many homes were built in the early to mid-2000s, establishing the neighborhood
- Some new construction continues today on the last remaining lots
Home Styles and Sizes
- Traditional two-story homes
- One-story ranch layouts
- Homes range from 2,000 to over 3,000 square feet
- R.D. Mozingo Custom Home
- Specializes in custom homes
- HG Homes
- TC Property Solutions
- Holland Contracting Services
- Titan Builders
- Brings robust construction and innovative designs
The collective work of these builders has shaped Cedar Creek into a thriving community with diverse home styles that appeal to a range of homeowners.
Their dedication to quality and meeting resident needs has made the neighborhood a highly desirable place to live.
Location and Accessibility
Cedar Creek is a charming community that spans just over 100 acres off Wendell Boulevard (Hwy 97) in the eastern part of Wendell, North Carolina.
The neighborhood's strategic location places it approximately 1 mile from the historically rich downtown Wendell, offering residents a taste of quaint, small-town charm while still providing all the conveniences of modern living.
Proximity to Major Cities and Highways
Cedar Creek is just 15 miles east of the bustling downtown Raleigh, ensuring that the cultural and economic heartbeat of North Carolina's capital city is within easy reach.
The neighborhood's location near major highways such as I-87, US-64, and US-264 affords residents a short and straightforward commute to various significant points of interest in the greater Research Triangle Area.
Commute Times from Cedar Creek
- Distance: Approximately 30 miles
- Ideal Commute Route: US-64 W
- Approximate Drive Time: 35 minutes, assuming moderate traffic conditions
Downtown Wake Forest
- Distance: Roughly 20 miles
- Ideal Commute Route: US-1 S and US-401 S
- Approximate Drive Time: 30 minutes, given usual traffic flow
- Distance: Around 28 miles
- Ideal Commute Route: US-64 W and I-540 W
- Approximate Drive Time: 45 minutes, under normal traffic patterns
- Distance: 15 miles
- Ideal Commute Route: US-64 W
- Approximate Drive Time: 20 minutes, with moderate traffic conditions
Research Triangle Park (RTP)
- Distance: Approximately 33 miles
- Ideal Commute Route: US-64 W and I-540 W
- Approximate Drive Time: 40 minutes, considering average traffic
Cedar Creek’s access to these highways not only makes commuting feasible but also quick and efficient, allowing residents to enjoy the serenity of suburban life without being too far removed from urban amenities and workplaces.
Living in Cedar Creek means embracing a lifestyle where convenience meets community.
Whether you're commuting to the Research Triangle Park for work, catching a flight at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, or exploring the vibrant scenes of Raleigh, Wake Forest, and Durham, Cedar Creek offers an ideal starting point.
With the neighborhood's easy access to thoroughfares, you can effortlessly connect to the wider region and all it has to offer.
Cedar Creek isn't just about the stunning homes; it's a neighborhood that takes pride in offering a wealth of amenities that cater to an active and engaging lifestyle for its residents.
The very essence of Cedar Creek is shaped by the variety of facilities that are designed for recreation, socialization, and relaxation, making it an ideal place for individuals and families alike.
Recreation and Leisure
Whether you're looking to stay active or unwind, Cedar Creek has you covered with an assortment of recreational amenities:
- Community Clubhouse: A central hub for community events and social gatherings, fostering a sense of camaraderie among residents.
- Swimming Pools: Including a Junior Olympic swimming pool, a free-form pool, and hot tubs, these aquatic centers provide a refreshing escape on warm days.
- Playgrounds and Picnic Areas: Safe spaces for children to play and families to enjoy picnics amidst verdant settings.
- Tennis and Pickleball Courts: Lighted for evening play, these courts offer opportunities for friendly competition and exercise.
- Basketball and Volleyball Courts: Indoor and outdoor courts cater to sports enthusiasts of all ages.
- Bocce Court and Cabana: For a leisurely game followed by relaxation in a shaded retreat.
- Private Beach Cabana: Exclusive to the community, offering a unique coastal experience.
Natural Surroundings and Outdoor Pursuits
Cedar Creek residents have the luxury of living in harmony with nature, with access to the following outdoor amenities:
- Shadow Lake: Spanning 65 acres, the lake is perfect for sailing, boating, and fishing, and is stocked with over 250,000 fish.
- Dockside Park and Launch Facility: Providing convenient access for water-based activities.
- Hiking and Jogging Trails: Miles of trails offer scenic greenspace and waterway views, connecting the entire community.
- Wildlife Sightings: Commonplace encounters with deer, heron, crane, coyote, and beaver as part of everyday life.
- Conservation Areas: Homes backing up to serene marshes and wooded areas, granting privacy and picturesque backdrops for homeowners.
Home Living and Entertainment
Cedar Creek is designed with the homeowner's enjoyment in mind, offering:
- Grilling Areas: Perfect for barbecues and outdoor dining with friends and family.
- Private Patios and Decks: Ideal for relaxation and entertainment, many homes feature spaces that are a retreat unto themselves.
Access to Waterways and Beaches
- Canoe and Kayak Launch: With Gulf access via Spring Creek, residents can embark on aquatic adventures right from their doorstep.
- Private Beach Cabana: An exclusive feature providing a private beach experience.
Cedar Creek is more than just a place to live; it's a community where every amenity is thoughtfully integrated to enhance the quality of life for its residents.
From the social atmosphere of the clubhouse to the tranquil natural environment and the plethora of outdoor activities, Cedar Creek truly offers a lifestyle of comfort, leisure, and community spirit.
Schools and Education
Cedar Creek sits within the Wake County Public School district. Students in the neighborhood attend some of the top-ranked schools in the county, including Wendell Elementary, Wendell Middle, and East Wake High School.
Wendell Falls Elementary located just 2 miles away is also an option for families in Cedar Creek.
For private education, Raleigh Christian Academy, Grace Christian, and Franklin Academy are 15-20 minutes away in Raleigh. Heritage Christian Academy is even closer in Wake Forest.
Parks and Recreation
One of the perks of Cedar Creek is having easy access to Wendell's parks and greenways. The Buffalo Creek Greenway borders the neighborhood, providing a scenic place to walk, run, or bike.
The trailhead sits right at the neighborhood entrance off Wendell Blvd.
Nearby Wendell Community Park offers additional recreational amenities like baseball fields, tennis courts, and a playground. For golfers, Wendell Country Club and Wendell Falls Golf Club provide excellent course options just minutes away.
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment
The small-town charm of Wendell provides a variety of local dining and shopping options just minutes from Cedar Creek. Downtown Wendell offers favorites like Boulevard Pizza, The Factory Cafe, and Proper Taco.
Chocolatier shop Whitney's Chocolates is a must-visit for sweets.
The Wendell Falls development 2 miles away offers additional amenities like the Farmhouse Cafe, Don Beto's Tacos, and an on-site brewery. Essential shops and services are available nearby at Wendell Falls Village.
For major shopping and entertainment options, Cedar Creek residents can take advantage of Wendell's proximity to Raleigh.
Destinations like Crabtree Valley Mall, North Hills, and Triangle Town Center offer extensive shopping, dining, and movie theaters.
Why Locals Love Cedar Creek
Cedar Creek offers the perfect blend of small-town community and convenience. Families are attracted to the excellent schools, parks, and recreational amenities right in the neighborhood.
The location provides easy access to employment centers in Raleigh and the Triangle while maintaining a quiet suburban feel.
Well-built homes on large lots allow privacy and tranquility. Mature trees and the bordering greenway create scenic views for pleasant walks right in the community.
Cedar Creek provides a family-friendly place to put down roots near the charm of Wendell.
A Note from Tim Clarke
As a 30-year resident of the Triangle area and licensed real estate professional with over 17 years of experience, I've developed a deep passion for helping families realize their homeownership dreams.
Through my real estate team, we've had the privilege of assisting clients every step of the way, from finding that perfect property to securing the sale.
In my three decades living in the region, I've witnessed Cedar Creek transform into one of Wake County’s most coveted neighborhoods.
Its natural beauty, family-friendly vibe, abundance of onsite amenities, and proximity to premier Triangle attractions check all the boxes that homebuyers desire.
For those looking to put down roots in Cedar Creek, I advise acting promptly when you find a home you love, as competition is strong.
Lean on a knowledgeable local agent to negotiate the best deal and ensure a smooth closing.
I also encourage residents to get the most out of living here by enjoying community amenities, attending events, and getting acquainted with neighbors.
When you’re ready to sell, partner with an agent intimately familiar with the area who can effectively market your home to qualified buyers.
An established agent will highlight everything that makes this neighborhood special to garner strong interest.
As a longtime resident who cares deeply about this community, I’m committed to offering trusted guidance so you can fully experience all that Cedar Creek has to offer.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to begin your journey!
Listings in Cedar Creek
**NOTE: If you're not seeing any listings, then currently there are no available homes in this community.**
North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement Explained
Understand the North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement with our helpful guide. Gain clarity on credits, debits, and costs involved in real estate.
Cracking the Raleigh-Durham Housing Market: Broken Rules of Supply and Demand
Expert insights on the puzzling Raleigh-Durham housing market. Low inventory yet slowing sales have broken the rules of supply and demand.
Festivals in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
Discover the best outdoor events in Raleigh-Durham and surrounding areas. From festivals to parades, experience the Triangle's vibrant culture. Join here!
Looking to build / buy / sell in the Triangle? Drop us a line.