February 16, 2024
The Fairfax Hills neighborhood is located just north of downtown Raleigh off Falls of Neuse Road.
It consists of four adjacent subdivisions built between the 1960s and 1990s: Fairfax Hills I, II, and III, Coopers Glen, Brookshire, and a section of Cedar Hills Park Estates.
The area was originally wooded hills before developers purchased the land for residential construction. Homebuilding started in the 1960s in Fairfax Hills I, with ranch, split-level, and two-story homes on spacious lots.
Additional sections were added over the following decades.
Today, Fairfax Hills contains around 500 homes in a range of mid-century and more contemporary styles. Mature oak, maple, and pine trees line the gently rolling streets. Home values range from around $250,000 to $500,000.
Some of Fairfax Hills' most notable features include:
- Fairfax Hills Park - This 8+ acre park offers a pool, tennis courts, playground, and gathering spaces available to residents. The park association sponsors community events.
- Falls of Neuse Road - The main thoroughfare providing easy access to retail, grocery, dining, and other conveniences.
- Brookshire Drive - Flanked by larger two-story homes, Brookshire offers some of Fairfax Hills' most prestigious addresses.
- Glen Eden Drive - Towering pines distinguish Glen Eden Drive in the Coopers Glen section.
- Community Pool - The neighborhood pool provides summertime recreation.
Fairfax Hills offers quick access to attractions like:
- Falls Lake - Enjoy boating, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, and more at this reservoir.
- Shelley Lake - Walking trails circle this scenic lake right off Falls of Neuse Road.
- Buffaloe Road Athletic Park - Baseball and softball fields, tennis courts, and more.
- Durant Nature Preserve - Trails wind through this 200-acre wooded preserve.
- Neuse River Greenway - Connects to Raleigh's extensive greenway trail network.
Centrally located just north of downtown Raleigh, Fairfax Hills offers convenient access via Falls of Neuse Road and I-540.
The neighborhood is only about a 10-15 minute drive to major employers. Raleigh-Durham International Airport can be reached in approximately 20 minutes.
With its scenic landscape and family-friendly lifestyle, Fairfax Hills offers great value close to Raleigh's urban opportunities.
The neighborhood's mid-century homes and community park provide wonderful character and amenities.
For homebuyers seeking an established community near everything, it's an excellent choice.
Contact us today to begin your Fairfax Hills home search!
Listings in Fairfax Hills
**NOTE: If you're not seeing any listings, then currently there are no available homes in this community.**
North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement Explained
Understand the North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement with our helpful guide. Gain clarity on credits, debits, and costs involved in real estate.
Cracking the Raleigh-Durham Housing Market: Broken Rules of Supply and Demand
Expert insights on the puzzling Raleigh-Durham housing market. Low inventory yet slowing sales have broken the rules of supply and demand.
Festivals in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
Discover the best outdoor events in Raleigh-Durham and surrounding areas. From festivals to parades, experience the Triangle's vibrant culture. Join here!
Looking to build / buy / sell in the Triangle? Drop us a line.