Old Farm Crossing
February 16, 2024
Nestled just north of Raleigh lies the charming town of Wake Forest, North Carolina. Known for its small-town feel yet close proximity to big city amenities, Wake Forest offers residents the best of both worlds.
One neighborhood that exemplifies the appeal of Wake Forest is Old Farm Crossing.
Brief History of Old Farm Crossing and Prominent Builders
Establishment of the Community
Old Farm Crossing, a picturesque neighborhood nestled just off Old Creedmoor Road, has been growing steadily since its inception in 2004.
This community was thoughtfully designed to merge the best of both worlds: offering residents competitively priced, spacious homes without sacrificing the luxury features that make a house a home.
Here, you’ll find a neighborhood where modern conveniences meet the tranquility of rural charm, creating an inviting atmosphere for families and professionals alike.
Early Builders Who Shaped the Community
- Thadd Roberts
- Jerry Wagoner
- Brooks Gulledge
- Dane Sallinger
- Edd K. Roberts
- Ted Keith
- Randall Shirley
- Mike Gill
- Steve Gyger
These are the original craftsmen and visionaries whose dedication and attention to detail laid the foundation for what Old Farm Crossing is today.
Each builder brought their unique expertise, contributing to a community that is both diverse in its offerings and unified in its aesthetic appeal.
Latest Builders Enhancing Old Farm Crossing
- Stellar Blu
- Cambridge Classic Homes
Continuing the legacy of quality and innovation, Stellar Blu and Cambridge Classic Homes have joined the ranks of esteemed builders in Old Farm Crossing.
These current builders are known for their commitment to excellence and for keeping the community at the forefront of modern home design while maintaining the character and charm that residents have come to love.
The evolution of Old Farm Crossing is a testament to thoughtful and skilled building, where early and latest builders alike have woven a tapestry of architectural beauty and livability.
Home Features and Amenities
Old Farm Crossing contains around 80 single-family homes ranging from 3,000 to over 4,000 square feet on 1/2 to 1 acre wooded lots.
Home designs include craftsman, traditional and transitional styles with features like granite counters, hardwood floors, and coffered ceilings.
For recreation, the neighborhood has a community pool and clubhouse. Outside are walking trails surrounding a peaceful pond. Homeowner fees range from $200 to $250 annually.
Convenience of Location and Commute from Old Farm Crossing
Nestled in the heart of the Wake Forest area, Old Farm Crossing is perfectly positioned for convenience and connectivity. Residents can take full advantage of the close proximity to key highways such as US-1 and I-540, which offer streamlined routes to the area's most frequented destinations.
Prime Access to Local Amenities
- Heritage Crossing: Just moments away, this shopping center provides a host of options for retail, dining, and entertainment, ensuring that everything you need is right at your doorstep.
Commute Routes and Times
- Distance: Approximately 25 miles / 40 km
- Commute Time: Typically under 30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Ideal Route: The most straightforward route involves jumping on US-1 South, transitioning to I-540 West, and following signs to Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
Downtown Wake Forest
- Distance: Within a close radius.
- Commute Time: A matter of minutes, making it a quick drive for local errands or an evening out.
- Ideal Route: Local roads provide direct and easy access to the heart of Wake Forest.
- Distance: Varies depending on the specific area, but generally a manageable journey.
- Commute Time: Around 30 minutes, which can vary during peak hours.
- Ideal Route: Most direct routes suggest taking Capital Blvd to NC-98 East, linking to I-540, and then transitioning to NC-147 North to reach Downtown Durham.
- Distance: Conveniently accessible for a vibrant city experience.
- Commute Time: Typically just under 30 minutes, allowing for a seamless commute to the city.
- Ideal Route: US-1 South directly leads into the heart of Downtown Raleigh, providing a straight shot to the city's many offerings.
RTP (Research Triangle Park)
- Commute Time: Commuting to RTP is commonplace, though times can vary based on specific start and endpoint locations within Wake Forest and RTP.
- Ideal Route: Many residents opt for a combination of Capital Blvd and I-540 to reach RTP, with alternative routes available to avoid potential congestion on major highways.
The exceptional location of Old Farm Crossing caters to a lifestyle where work and leisure can be balanced with ease.
Whether you're commuting to RTP, catching a flight from RDU Airport, or exploring the attractions of Downtown Raleigh or Durham, living in Old Farm Crossing affords you the luxury of time and convenience for all your travel needs.
Families in Old Farm Crossing are zoned to the highly-ranked Wake County Public Schools.
Nearby schools include Heritage Elementary, Middle, and High Schools, all top ratings on GreatSchools.org.
Private school options like Thales Academy, Heritage Classical Christian Academy, and Franklin Academy are minutes away.
Real Estate Agent Perspective
Old Farm Crossing is more than just a place to live - it's a vibrant community that residents have come to treasure through the years.
As a long-time real estate advisor in the Wake Forest area, I've had the pleasure of helping many families realize their dreams within this idyllic neighborhood.
For buyers, I always underscore the importance of finding an agent you connect with.
An expert by your side will uncover the special details that make Old Farm Crossing stand out while ensuring the process goes smoothly from tour to close.
My goal has been to provide clients with the insights they need - whether about pricing, neighborhoods, schools, commuting, or lifestyle - to discover their perfect home.
To those fortunate enough to call Old Farm Crossing home already, I'm available as an advisor for maximizing your experience.
From community happenings to home improvements to advice on capitalizing on the market when selling, I want to be a trusted resource.
My commitment extends years beyond the sale, as I aim to offer perspective and support so that Old Farm Crossing remains a joyful community for generations to come.
Ultimately, any real estate transaction is so much more than paperwork. It's the start of a relationship rooted in transparency and integrity.
If I can impart my knowledge of Old Farm Crossing to smooth your journey, it will have been my pleasure. Please don't hesitate to get in touch to learn more about this wonderful neighborhood.
Contact us today for more information about Old Farm Crossing.
Listings in Old Farm Crossing
**NOTE: If you're not seeing any listings, then currently there are no available homes in this community.**
North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement Explained
Understand the North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement with our helpful guide. Gain clarity on credits, debits, and costs involved in real estate.
Cracking the Raleigh-Durham Housing Market: Broken Rules of Supply and Demand
Expert insights on the puzzling Raleigh-Durham housing market. Low inventory yet slowing sales have broken the rules of supply and demand.
Festivals in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
Discover the best outdoor events in Raleigh-Durham and surrounding areas. From festivals to parades, experience the Triangle's vibrant culture. Join here!
Looking to build / buy / sell in the Triangle? Drop us a line.