Brightleaf at the Park
February 16, 2024
Nestled between Raleigh and Durham along NC-147, Brightleaf At The Park is a master-planned community in Durham, NC in the heart of RTP and at the boarder Raleigh.
This family-friendly neighborhood features resort-style amenities and provides easy access to top employers, entertainment, shopping, and schools.
History and Prominent Builders
Brightleaf At The Park broke ground in 2005 on over 300 acres of land.
The community was thoughtfully designed with nature in mind, following strict environmental guidelines to protect local wildlife.
The neighborhood was built in phases by leading national homebuilder D.R. Horton.
They worked closely with community planners to construct a mix of single-family homes, townhomes, and condominiums with natural wooded surroundings and amenities like walking trails, parks, and community artwork.
Location and Accessibility
Centrally located just 10 minutes from RDU International Airport and under 5 miles from Brier Creek, Brightleaf provides easy access to the Triangle's major hubs.
It sits adjacent to NC-147 between Durham and Raleigh, making the commute smooth to both cities.
The community also offers convenience to everyday shopping and dining.
Residents are only a quick drive from Southpoint Mall, Northgate Mall, and Streets of Southpoint which offer over 200 shops and restaurants.
For groceries, the neighborhood is close to major chains like Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.
Schools in Brightleaf At The Park
Brightleaf families are zoned to highly-rated schools in the Durham Public School district.
Elementary students attend Forest View Elementary School, rated 9/10 on GreatSchools.
Middle schoolers go to Githens Middle School (8/10) and high schoolers attend Riverside High School (9/10).
Several private school options are also located nearby, including Durham Academy, Voyager Academy, and Carden Cascade Academy.
Neighborhoods and Home Styles
Nestled within the vibrant Brightleaf at the Park community, you’ll discover a neighborhood that fits your lifestyle.
Brightleaf At The Park contains a diverse mix of home styles and floor plans ranging from 1,500 to over 3,500 square feet.
Home prices currently range from the mid $300s to $600s.Choose from seven distinct neighborhoods, each with its own character – from cozy cottages to spacious homesites overlooking nature.
Picture yourself relaxing on the porch of your very own dream home, coffee in hand, as the sunrise peeks through the trees. Wave hello to neighbors and friends during their morning walks as you read the paper.
At Brightleaf, this vision can become your reality.
Explore The Bluff's charming craftsman-style homes, built by Dan Ryan. The Vales and The Spruce, constructed by Drees Homes, offer open floor plans.
The Meadows by Level Homes provides single-level living. And The Vistas' wooded homesites show off Dan Ryan's superb attention to detail.
No matter which neighborhood you select, Brightleaf allows you to craft your personalized retreat. Here, you're part of a friendly community centered around nature and intentional living.
Let us guide you toward finding your perfect fit.
Amenities in Brightleaf
- Resort-style pool area with Jr. Olympic pool, zero-entry pool, kiddie pool, dual water slides - perfect for summer fun!
- Lighted tennis courts - great for players of all levels. Tennis pros available for lessons.
- 24-hour fitness center - no need for an expensive gym membership. State-of-the-art equipment plus personal training available.
- Playground and green spaces - tons of areas for kids to play and families to enjoy the outdoors
- Nature trails and wildlife viewing - see deer, hawks, and other wildlife right in the community
- Audubon Society certified - environmentally responsible land plan with winding streets and expansive natural areas
- Public art sculptures - chosen by a jury of art enthusiasts to contribute to the artful vibe
- Clubhouse with poolside bar - grab a drink while the kids enjoy the pool and slides
- Gas grills - cook out poolside and enjoy summer days with friends and family
Top Restaurants Nearby
Residents don't have to travel far for a great meal. Here are some of the top-rated local restaurants located within 5 miles:
- Pompieri Pizza - Cozy pizzeria offering brick-oven Neapolitan pies, pastas, and cocktails. "The pizza crust is perfectly chewy and delicious. My favorite pizza in Durham!"
- Gocciolina - Elegant, modern Italian restaurant with housemade pastas and a robust wine list. "The squid ink pasta is a must-try!"
- Los Comales - Lively Mexican joint known for sizzling fajitas, margaritas, and friendly service. "Great lunch spot with amazing chips and salsa."
- Nana's - Popular Durham favorite for authentic tacos, enchiladas, churros and more. "The horchata is amazing."
- Dashi - Trendy ramen shop with an extensive menu of noodle bowls, bao buns, and Japanese-inspired small plates. "Their spicy miso ramen is incredible and the atmosphere is really cool."
- The Federal - Stylish, contemporary Southern eatery featuring locally-sourced new American cuisine and craft cocktails. "Get the fried green tomatoes - you won't regret it!"
- Sushi Love - Unassuming spot for fresh, affordable sushi rolls, noodle dishes, and Japanese appetizers. "The spicy tuna and sunset rolls are my go-to."
- Tokyo Sushi - Cozy, casual sushi joint with an extensive menu of nigiri, sashimi, rolls, and specialty items like poke bowls. "The dragon roll is a local favorite."
Getting Involved in the Community
Brightleaf residents enjoy an active social calendar of community events like food truck nights, movie nights by the pool, and holiday parties.
The Brightleaf At The Park Facebook group is a great way to connect with neighbors and learn about upcoming activities.
New residents should also consider joining community clubs and committees to help enrich Brightleaf.
The Brightleaf Book Club meets monthly to discuss popular fiction and nonfiction titles.
The Welcome Committee greets new neighbors and provides local recommendations.
The Gardening Club oversees the community garden and hosts informative workshops.
Advice for Buying and Selling in Brightleaf
With high demand and limited inventory, Brightleaf homes sell quickly in competitive bidding wars.
My advice for buyers is to get pre-approved with a lender, act decisively on new listings, and submit strong offers over asking price whenever possible.
For sellers, it's essential to price your home competitively from the start.
Enlist a real estate agent with intimate knowledge of the local market - like myself - to provide accurate pricing guidance and effective marketing to generate quick interest and multiple offers.
The Tim M. Clarke Team has specialized in the Triangle real estate market for over 17 years.
As a lifelong Durham resident and Brightleaf homeowner myself, I have the expertise to seamlessly guide you through buying or selling in this community.
My team and I handle every detail to make your real estate transaction stress-free.
A Local Realtor's Perspective on Brightleaf At The Park
As a longtime resident of Brightleaf At The Park, I've witnessed this community blossom into one of Durham's most sought-after neighborhoods.
With its unbeatable location between Raleigh and Durham, resort-style amenities, and family-friendly lifestyle, Brightleaf offers the ideal balance of convenience and natural serenity.
New homebuyers are drawn to Brightleaf's amenities like the Brightleaf Club, walking trails, and community events that make it easy to connect with neighbors.
The community's central location provides quick access to employers, entertainment, and schools.
And surrounding green spaces and preserved woods create a peaceful oasis just minutes from major hubs.
For home sellers, Brightleaf's combination of amenities and location generates immense buyer interest.
My team and I leverage in-depth knowledge of the local market to price homes strategically and implement targeted marketing campaigns that connect sellers with qualified buyers quickly in this competitive market.
As your neighborhood Realtor, I have the privilege of calling Brightleaf home and the pleasure of helping many residents buy and sell real estate over the years.
My team and I look forward to many more years serving the wonderful Brightleaf community.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for a complimentary consultation or real estate valuation for your home.
If you would like to know more about this fabulous community, you can visit the community's website here.
Listings in Brightleaf at the Park
**NOTE: If you're not seeing any listings, then currently there are no available homes in this community.**
North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement Explained
Understand the North Carolina ALTA Settlement Statement with our helpful guide. Gain clarity on credits, debits, and costs involved in real estate.
Cracking the Raleigh-Durham Housing Market: Broken Rules of Supply and Demand
Expert insights on the puzzling Raleigh-Durham housing market. Low inventory yet slowing sales have broken the rules of supply and demand.
Festivals in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
Discover the best outdoor events in Raleigh-Durham and surrounding areas. From festivals to parades, experience the Triangle's vibrant culture. Join here!
Looking to build / buy / sell in the Triangle? Drop us a line.